April 14, 2014

It's THAT Time of the Year Again...Get Ready for Armchair BEA!

Button designed by Amber @ Shelf Notes
Calling all book bloggers around the world!
As some of you may be aware of (especially those who live in the U.S.), New York will host the annual Book Expo America (better known as BEA) from Thursday, May 29 to Saturday, May 31. For those of us who can't attend the actual event and drown in book & author awesomeness, a generous and dedicated team of book lovers brings BEA to our homes every year, via a project called Armchair BEA. What is that? As the site puts it, "A conference for book bloggers in the comfort of our favorite chair [...] This virtual convention is the place to be!". Curious? Interested? Feeling lonely in your armchair with your book and no one to talk about it? Read all about the event here. Or, if you've already made up your mind about joining, you can do it here. I just did (my first Armchair BEA ever!), and I hope we'll meet on there...
To all those who will be able to attend the real BEA...have fun! and maybe, between a signing and a haul, spare a thought for us... ;)

12 comments:

  1. WOW! This sounds interesting! Maybe I will join it! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect some fun from this event...and lots of bookish connections!
      So yes...join, girl, join! :)

      Delete
    2. Ok then, if you say so! I cannot wait for it! :)

      Delete
  2. I feel very fortunate to be able to go to BEA, but soon it will be in Chicago and too far and too expensive for me to justify to the Hubs (thankfully now I have a wonderful blogger friend who lets me crash at her place for the week). Armchair BEA is a lot of fun and a great way to participate even if you can't go. There's no way I'd be able to fly to another country to attend a book conference, but it's sad that there can't be a BEA in every county, all at the same time. Armchair BEA is the next best thing though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A BEA in every country, all at the same time...that would be great. Though the Italian version would probably be held in Rome or Milan, and I wouldn't be able to afford to go anyway. But it's OK, really :). I'm looking forward to Armchair BEA, and I'm glad to hear it's the next bext thing when one can't participate in the real one!
      Have fun in NY...and store it for next year! :)

      Delete
  3. I am so jealous about everyone attending BEA! Thanks for hosting armchair BEA Roberta.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm not hosting it...just participating and getting the word out! :)

      Delete
  4. I wish I could go to the actual BEA but Armchair BEA sounds awesome! And it sort of coincides with my blogoversary! This will be fun! :)

    Oh and I tagged you on my latest post! Check it out here: http://joanaintheskywithbooks.blogspot.pt/2014/04/this-or-that-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're in yourself? It will be nice to "meet" you there then!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for this Roberta, I'm going to join. Yep, I'm another one in Europe who won't be able to go to the 'real thing' :) To be honest, I don't even know of anything similar in England. I know there is the Frankfurt Book Fair in Germany, but I think this is more for trade?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about that one, but here in Italy there is the "Salone Internazionale del Libro" in Turin (from May 8 to May 12 this year). Still too far for me...
      I'm looking forward to "meeting" you at Armchair BEA then! :)

      Delete

Welcome to Offbeat YA! I love hearing from you and always - I mean always - acknowledge your comments. This used to be a full democracy place, because anyone could comment, regardless of being a registered member of any community. Unfortunately, I had to turn off the Anonymous comment option, because I was getting too much spam that didn't get filtered. So, you’ll need to have a Google account (Gmail will suffice) in order to comment. Sorry about that. Anyway, jump right in! Come on, you know you want to...😉 And be sure to leave a link!
BTW...I don't care if a post is a million months old - you comment, I respond. And you make my day 😃.
Note: this is an award/tag free blog. Sorry I can't accept nominations due to lack of time.

As per the GDPR guidelines, here's the link to my Privacy Policy.